NEFF Recipe: Focaccia with tomato and herbs
Serves: 4 people
30ml olive oil plus some olive oil to grease the baking tray
½kg flour and some flour for the working surface
7g dry yeast
Coarse sea salt
1 large tomato
1 red onion
Fresh thyme, sage or rosemary
- Mix water and oil in a bowl. Add flour, dry yeast and salt and mix with your hands or a food processor at a medium speed. Add sugar and continue mixing.
- Roll the dough until it’s in the shape of a ball, cover it with cling film in a bowl and let it rest for two hours in your refrigerator.
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface. If you don’t have a large baking tray or prefer to have two portions, divide the dough and roll into two smooth balls.
- Place the dough ball either on your work surface, or better, directly on the baking parchment, sprinkle with a bit of flour and cover with a tea towel. Let it rest at room temperature for around 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 240 °C CircoTherm®. Spread olive oil on a large baking tray or two smaller baking trays. We recommend using the NEFF ceramic baking stone for this recipe.
- Place the dough on the tray or baking stone, and use your fingertips to spread it all the way to the corners. Use a dough roller until it is about two fingers high (or around 2cm).
- Create your own topping with: sliced tomatoes, red onion rings, green chillies and add a bit of olive oil and coarse sea salt on top.
- Add fresh thyme, sage or rosemary to your liking.
- Bake the focaccia at 240 °C CircoTherm® for about 20 – 25 minutes until it is golden brown.