Quick And Easy Pub Lunch At Home
Beer Battered Fish and Kumara Chips
- 400 g Kumara
- 1 cup Flour
- 600 g Fish fillets
- 1x 330ml beer
- 10g Cracked pepper 1 lemon cut into quarter
- Clean and peel the kumara. Cut into shoestring size.
- Combine flour and cracked pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly pour in the beer, whisk consistently until smooth.
- Heat a pot of oil on the Bosch induction cooktop appliance using the fry sensor setting to LEVEL 4.
- Once the temperature has been reached the cooktop will beep, the oil is now ready to start frying in.
- Dip the fish fillets into the batter, allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the battered fish directly into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, carefully remove the fish and drain it on a paper towel.
- Fry the kumara chips in batches until they turn golden brown.
- Garnish with cracked pepper, salt, and a wedge of lemon.